Finding the Fourth Beatle: The 23 Drummers Who Put the Beat Behind the Fab Three, is the story of The Beatles from 1956-1970 as the Fab three went through the 23 drummers, including Colin Hanton, Pete Best and Jimmie Nicol, and some you will not have heard of before.
This magnificent piece of research delves into The Beatles' crises; changes of musical direction, getting a record deal, and finding the drummer who would put the beat into The Beatles, Ringo Starr. Finding the Fourth Beatle is a fascinating and detailed account of the Beatles' long quest for the right drummer covering:
- The story of all the 23 drummers
- Those who could have joined The Beatles, but didn't
- Expert analysis of the drummers by drummers
- Why Brian Epstein didn't sign the Beatles first contract
- Why The Beatles failed the Decca audition
- Were The Beatles under contract at Parlophone in June 62?
- Who was asked to replace Pete Best before Ringo
- Why Pete Best was not sacked/dismissed by Brian Epstein
- Why Ringo became the Fourth Beatle and inspired a generation of drummers
This is a 328 page hardcover book, 0.75 of an inch high by 8.5 inches long by 8.5 inches wide. This item may be gift wrapped for an additional $3.00 fee.